Expressions of the Alchemical Company of
Physician of the Generation, Reference of Scholars
Hazrat Shaikh Hakim Muhammed Kalimullah Sahab Damatbarkatuhum
in Service of the Readers of Dawat - ul - Haq
(Now Readers of Thus Spake Hazrat Shaikh)
(Compiled by Hazrat Mufti Khwaja Masoom Saqib Sahab Zeedmujdahum)
Dawat-ul-Haq, Vol.7 No.6, Ramadan 1431 AH, August 2010 AC
There are uncountable blessings of Lord Most High for his servants. Each one of them encompasses in itself many blessings and our well being. But if you ponder over it then you will come to realize that four of these blessings are special. I designate them with Four Elements, that is, Allah Most High has granted his slaves Four Elements.
(1) First Element is intelligence. Even to animals Allah Most High has given intelligence as required to identify their profit and loss as well as friend and enemy. But in man it is present in its excellence and because of faith it is further fortified. All excellences that man has are enhanced by presence of faith. As a consequence mere intellect without faith sometimes becomes a means of misguidance. In any case this is a grace and a favour from Allah and it is a special blessing from Him that He gave us the Element of Intellect.
(2) The Second Element is faith of belief (eeman). Faith is the complete goodness and is the basis of all goods.Without faith human life is a calamity. Salvation is impossible without faith. Faith is the biggest property in two worlds.
(3) The Third Element in a slave is of shyness. This is usually replaced by the sense of shame but that does not capture its essence. Shyness is that Element in a person of faith that induces him to deliver the rights of Allah and rights of the people and that keeps him away from encroaching upon others rights.This shyness is appreciable and desirable. And the shyness in which a person is ashamed of acting on religion, of inquiring about Doctrinal matter and acting upon them, this is not shyness. There are more or less seventy departments of faith and shyness is an important one of them.
(4) Fourth Element in man is the sentiment to do good deeds which keep encouraging him to all righteous acts. By pious upbringing all four of these elements keep improving and this leads to beneficial effects in the life of a person. This results in good things both in the worldly and as well as religious matters.
There are four opposites of above Four Elements. This means that there are four things that destroy and spoil above things.
(1) The thing that destroy intellect is the anger. (2) The thing that destroy the faith is the love for this world and jealousy. Jealousy destroys the religion.(3) The opposite of shyness is greed. Greed destroys shame. (4) Neutralizer of good deeds is backbiting. Even decent people do not turn to these things. Even after getting permission there is need to watch out your character. Don't the physician fall sick? The same is the case of certified caliphs. The way the people of Allah attend to the correction of their associates in the same way they also attend to their own correction. Anger, jealousy, greed and backbiting are all four blameworthy traits and are big stumbling blocks in the path of seeking and act as curtains for the seeker. Time and again these topics are discussed in the sittings. And this has been mentioned many times that the removal of these habits take time because we do not indulge in enough Remembrance and Recitation. If there is regularity on Remembrance and Recitation then the seeker very soon is relived of above blameworthy traits.
There is other point coming to mind that there are three advantages of Recitation by looking at the Holy Book while Recitation with memory has only two advantages. The reason is that in Recitation by looking three benefits are drawn: (1) seeing, (2) listening and (3) recitation and therefore reward too is more. While Recitation without seeing draws only two benefits: (1) listening and (2) recitation and hence the reward too is less. Finally in Prayer it has to be recited without looking because recitation by looking at the Book is not correct according to the Scholars. Here this doubts should not be raised that the benefit of looking at the Book is deprived. Because of the high honour of Prayers it is amply compensated.