(8) Some people say that that we end up discounting our work or may be there is laxity in work. (Assertion: It just happens.) I say that be aware of four beautiful names of Allah Most High He is All-Hearer, All-Seer, All-Knowing and All-Aware. He hears all of our talks, He sees all we do, He knows all the states, conditions and all aspects and He has the information about all the actions. When you will think about this again and again and you will keep these attributes of Allah Most High in your awareness then, Lord Willing, scrupulousness and trust worthiness will materialize in the personality. This will protect from negligence, oversight and slight in the work.
(9) Nowadays, the habit of comparison and asserting superiority has become rather common. This Scholar is big that one small, that Shaikh is like this and another one is like that. This is the sign of absence of purity of intent (ikhlas). A sincere person is not like that. Sincere people neither indulge in backbiting nor do they tolerate it, leave alone criticism or degradation of others. I saw Hazrat-o-Aala Muhi-us-Sunnah for 25 years, from a distance as well as from close quarters, and closer still. In this long duration I never saw him indulging in criticizing anybody. He did not criticize anybody. This is his charisma – no criticism, no degradation. And if something really happened then at the most he will express his surprise – “How did he do that?” He will wonder in such cases – “It is surprising that he said something like that.” And that is all. He did not say anything more than this about anybody.
(10) We should show utmost respect to the Scholars. There failings must be beautifully excused. Some people are not careful about this. I am not a Scholar but if something like this happens on part of modern (English educated) people then I defend the Scholars to the full. They (the Scholars) are responsible for their mistakes. For us they are the guides. They tell us the right things. What they do they are themselves responsible for that. We will not have to give account for that. Hazrat-o-Aala (RA) used to say that our task is to communicate; we are responsible to convey only and not to impose it.
(11) Today we are obsessed with the quantity of deeds and not their quality. Though we pay attention to the volume – I have done so many rounds but we do not worry about its health. Remember one thing, let the action be small but it must be done well – that is the real thing. We did not see excessive routines at the place of Hazrat-o-Aala (RA) but in each act an organization and solidity was visible.
(12) Keep yourself attached to the People of Allah. This is a big source to maintain your purity of intent and a safeguard against religious decline. Relationship with the people of Allah is a big blessing. The benefits that are contained in this can be judged from the lives of those people who have a true and sincere relationship with a Man of Allah. Every style of their action has a light in it.
(13) I recommend an act that will lead to a lot of progress in the relationship with Allah Most High, Lord Willing. This is as follows that at sometime, preferably after Tahajjud Prayers, supplicate like this:
Oh Most Kind Sustainer! It is you only who made me a Muslim. This is purely your Kindness and Grace. I thank you for that.
Oh Most Kind Sustainer! It is only you who made me a man of faith. This is purely your Kindness and Grace. I thank you for that.
Oh Most Kind Sustainer! It is only you who made me firm on your Unity. This is purely your Kindness and Grace. I thank you for that.
Oh Most Kind Sustainer! It is only you who gave me birth in the Generation of Muhammed (PBUH). This is purely your Kindness and Grace. I thank you a thousand times for that.
Oh Most Kind Sustainer! It is only you who joined me with Ahl-e-Sunnah-wal-Jama'a. This is purely your Kindness and Grace. I thank you for that.
Hazrat Shaikh (DB) further added that valuing these blessings one should think that it is such a great blessing that He made us human beings. He could have made us any thing else. Then among the humans not all are Muslims. Thus making a Muslim is a further enhancement in the blessing. To be a Muslim is a great honour bestowed by Lord All-Pure. Then there are many people who are, though people of faith but lack the conviction of Unity of God. Thus Allah Most High has bestowed upon us the grand blessing of Unity. Similarly today there are so many denominations and people are scattered in all and sundry directions. It is such a big blessing that Allah, He is Exalted, has attached us to the method of the Companions (RA) by making us Ahl-e-Sunnah-wal-Jama'a. All theses blessings combined with other blessings should give us some idea about the favours of Allah Most High. Lord Willing this will lead to a lot of progress in connection with Allah Most High.